Donate your Items
Your donations are valuable to us. Donating quality items to be sold in our shops is an easy way you can help support us with our work.
We all have clothes, books, bits and bobs etc that we haven’t worn, never used, can’t fit into any more… what better way of recycling these things and decluttering your home than donating them to us!
With our shops becoming so popular and our customer base growing, we constantly need great stock to keep up with demand.
We're always looking for good quality sellable donations of:
- Books – whatever condition
- Clothes for men, women and children – especially retro/vintage/bridal/eveningwear
- Shoes, Handbags
- Accessories (including ties, belts and jewellery)
- Bric a Brac and Household items, bedding, curtains etc
- CDs, DVDs and vinyl LPs
- Children’s toys, games and baby equipment
- Furniture and Electrical items such as kettles, lamps, stereos etc
Please sign up to the Gift Aid scheme when you donate. This is a great way for us to raise even more money from your generous donations, as we can claim an extra 25% from the taxman on all Gift Aided donations we sell, and it doesn’t cost you a penny!
We also accept foreign coins, stamps, old mobile phones and ink/toner cartridges – all of which we can turn into cash.
Electrical donations are carefully PAT tested and checked before sending to the shops.
We ask that donations of toys, bric a brac, etc be in good condition, clean and not broken, and carefully wrapped. Unsellable goods cost us a great deal to dispose of. However, we can raise money from some donations that are not in such great condition.
Working with recycling companies we raise money from clothes, shoes, bedding, books, CDs, metal goods etc that aren’t in great condition, which in turn keeps them out of landfill. Keeping these donations separated and clearly labelled would be a great help. Giving to charity and staying green too!
Unfortunately, for safety or legal reasons we cannot accept:
- Alcoholic drinks
- Cigarettes or any tobacco product
- Ammunition, swords, sword sticks, cross bows or other offensive weapon
- Buoyancy aids, lifejackets, inflatable dinghies, any inflatable toy for use on water
- Candles without instructions
- Cigarette lighters, refills canisters, ashtrays
- Cleaning agents, solvents and adhesives
- Computer hard drives
- Electric showers
- Electric blankets
- Fire fighting equipment
- Gas appliances ( mains or bottled goods)
- Guns (including replica guns unless obviously toys)
- Pushchairs and prams need a label stating it complies with British Standard 7409:1996 and have the correct fire labels ‘Carelessness Causes Fires’
- Home recorded computer games and software on recordable CDs /DVDs
- Home recorded video and audio tapes / DVDs
- Knives (other than table knives sold as part of a cutlery set)
- Medication including vitamins
- Oil heaters
- Perishable goods, food and drink
- Personal appliances, e.g. electric shavers, unless in sealed box
- Power tools without safety instructions
- Prescription spectacles
- Real fur or fur trimmed products
- Safety harnesses of any sort
- Safety helmets - riding hats, crash helmets, cycle helmets
- Sunbeds and tanning equipment Upholstered items without fire labels, for example beds/mattresses, padded headboards, upholstered dining chairs and footstools, etc
- Waste disposal units
Please be aware of bogus door-to-door bag collections, many are not legitimate and we do not collect this way. If in doubt, please take your donations to our shops or ring to arrange a collection.
Click here for more information about Gift Aid [ ]
Please contact us on 01522 559500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org