Occupational Therapy aims to improve your quality of life so that it may be as comfortable and productive as possible and you can live as independently as you are able.
Following an assessment of your needs we will work together to identify realistic goals for you.
Support can include:
- Alternative/Adaptive techniques – looking at different ways to approach everyday activities.
- Provision of Equipment – is there an item of equipment that will make daily life easier?
- Adaptations to the home – are there simple changes to your home that will make daily life easier?
- Creative Writing - writing can offer a way to talk about what you think, feel, understand and remember.
- Sleep Management – are there areas of your sleep pattern that could be improved?
- Specialist Relaxation.
- Cognitive Therapy – supporting memory problems.
- Upper Limb Rehabilitation - assessment can identify where you are having problems, for example numbness or weakness.
- Memory boxes and scrapbooking.
Occupational Therapy encouraged me to do things I wouldn’t have done on my own. So I don’t just sit there and think I can’t do anything. It’s making you feel more like the whole person I am
Would you like the opportunity to talk through what has been happening to you and your family? If so, contact Day Therapy.
Our nurses are here to support you and your family/carers, in a confidential environment we can support you with;
- Planning for your future
- Dietary advice
- Understanding your medication
- Emotional support
- A service tailored to meet your needs
- Highlighting other useful services advice/information
- Carers Support and assessment
- Helping with symptoms such as pain/sickness/breathlessness
For further information or book an appointment with our team please contact the co-ordinator on: 01522518219 (North of the county) or 01476513545 (South of the county)